Saturday, October 12, 2013

So, yeah.

It's been almost a year since I last posted on here, but thought today merited an update, primarily for those few of you from my SL that aren't on Facebook, or at least aren't friended to me there. I haven't been around much, but I've been dealing with a heavy workload, and Mom's health issues.

My mother passed away this morning, after a bout with pancreatic cancer.  She died peacefully, in her sleep, as she always said she wanted to go, with the sun streaming in her window on her face, before the cancer got to the point she was medicated out of her mind from the pain.  It was weeks earlier than expected, but a blessing, given what I know about the terminal phases of pancreatic cancer from a stint as a private duty sitter for a nursing agency years ago.

This is my favorite picture of Mom that I have.  It was taken for her "Sweet Sixteen Debutante Ball" in 1955. I think you can see the life of pain she had anticipated in her beautiful dark brown eyes.  You can also see just a hint of her humor, ghosting around her lips.

June 4,1939 to October 12, 2013

Rest in Peace, Momma.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment