Friday, May 21, 2010

Another new day...... Another new dawn...... Another new me!




As with all dreams, good and bad, it has ended.  The homestead sim, while nominally in my name for another week or so, is gone.  This was purely a rational decision based on my RL situation.... laid off work, with no chance of recall..... getting closer to the time when I will have to try and seek an extension of the unemployment, since I've been "blacklisted" in my field by my former employer (and that based on the fact, primarily, that I don't like "hijinx with the waitresses" in the workplace, and refused to be the butt of his "fag jokes" any longer, not on any kind of reference to my job performance, which even HE admits was good... sheesh.... gotta love small town life in Indiana!). 

Anyway, as many of you know, my mood has been between indifferent (at best!)  and depressed here lately. Taking down the sim was a blow to me, yet also a chance for a new SL beginning.  I've stayed away from SL for many reasons lately.... not in the mood, depressed, bored with it all as RL kept kickin' my ass.  The picture above, of the now empty and flattened sim, thoroughly expresses my mood as of late.

As I was returning objects to people that they had graciously let me use on my land, I sent Franzi's catnip bush back to him.  It had provided me and friends with loads of fun and laughs over the last several months... and was probably the hardest of all to "give back".... but, it led to an interesting conversation!

Apparently, he and Kenshi had decided to open up some rental space above their beautiful island paradise of Tidra!  Well, I debated it in my mind.... the price was certainly right, the prim allotment good and so on.  Franzi tp'd me over, and I loved the garden/park like look to the platform.  I loved the large spaces of the lots, and the fact that it won't be a crowded "housing development".  Franzi is an artist when it comes to "space utilization in a practical, yet beautiful manner", and I could see lots of potential for the area. 

What finally tipped the scales was, quite simply, companionship.  The people that live here, and visit here are some of my closest SL friends and family.  Having them around would beat the HELL out of hanging out at that sim of mine, by myself, listening to music and doing inventory work...(which, by the way, is a boring, frustrating and fruitless adventure in the seven pits of hell for me, trust me!  ROFL!)  That being said, with most of them being located in Europe, though, I would still have my privacy, with a several hour overlap for our "tea parties"... ... so, to make an already too lengthy post a little shorter, I moved.  In one day.  Lock, stock and barrel.  My mood was still a little somber, though.... I love creating on SL... in my case, I am not much of a builder, but I love to set up sims/areas/living place etc., but five times in a year? Well, of course, once I had planted my Home Tree, and began landscaping, things started to look up somewhat.  This picture of the main gate to the new Kitteh's Kastle (yes, kept the same name... I am NOT transferring all my friends to yet another "home group" and putting them through that AGAIN! *smiles*), in the morning mist, pretty much sums it up... somber, but the light is beginning to break!

I reviewed Jordyn's post from the other day.  It was one of the final kickers to bring me back to SL.  It was simply videos of some very wonderful sims, and an ode to the creativity that exists here in "our world".  I was missing my family, my friends and most of all, my Son, but this was the straw.  The old camel is back again, but in moderation.  I'm gonna try really hard, this time around, to not just "be" on SL for lack of anything else to do.  This time, I'm going to "live" my SLife, to the fullest extent, and enjoy my peeps!  (AND attempt to limit my time inworld to a few hours at a time, so as to avoid the burn out syndrome again! *good luck with that, right?*)
After rereading Jordyn's post, and talking with Franzi a while.... he's also damned good at helping you redecorate your mind when necessary  *hugs, my friend!*.... the sun is once again shining on my SL world...the harps are in place, the Elven drum circle out again, the sounds of running water surround me, and the love of my friends and extended family.   I close this rawther lengthy post with my current mood, as the sun also rises across the large field of my "L" shaped lot.... Dawn at the NEW KITTEH'S KASTLE!
(Darn, now I have to change my picks and pics AGAIN!  LOL!)

*Peace and Love-for you all AND for me now*
Tel

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and a HUGE thank you to Franzi for also showing me how to use sculpt maps...... heh.... or not... I think there MIGHT be another addiction coming, here! ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Teleny I was thinking about how life is funny that as you go along this path there are magical things that happen on this journey that lead you to come in contact with other human beings that make changes in your life.

    Maybe that stupid RL stuff is in the grand scheme of things not that important. I was thinking that maybe in life we meet the people we NEED to meet and that maybe they may need to meet us. Well anyway - I am not sure what or where I am going with that but I hope you enjoy your new place.

    Franz is my oldest friend in SL and he is very smart on many things. Hope things go well in your new place and remember even though you are having to deal with RLBS (rl + BS) things sometimes happen for a good reason. Peace be with you my friend. - Rammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rammy... don't sell yourself short in the wisdom arena, by any means, either. Your first paragraph summed up a whole HELL of a lot of stuff, and quite well! And I love the RLBS thing.... consider it stole, made into a group tag, and worn whenever people let their (including me) RLBS overtake the pleasures of SL! LOL!

    ReplyDelete