Friday, September 3, 2010

Go, Team Tidra, or Thundercats RULZ!!! (Edited)

     LOL!  Sorry for the header, I couldn't resist the corniness.  I have been simply astounded at what we've accomplished on Tidra in a month's time.  Just four or five weeks ago, the "Great Quake of 2010" was threatening to send it to the depths of hiSLtory.  Now, we have a steadily growing band of "brothers" that is becoming a true family again in many ways.
     The core of the island's group is the same.... Jovian (Giani)....a naive, yet fierce savage hunter, myself.... proud Scorpion of Tidra, the island's "defender" and champion (and sometime ambassador to the outside world), Freki...... the eternal guardian, and of course, our beloved leader, The Tiger of Tidra, Franzi......the heart and soul of the dream.  We went through a dark night, but I think that dawn is finally breaking over the majestic mountains, and battered ruins.  Even the savage leader's (Tyragon) misfortune at being captured and taken away in bonds, turned for the best.  His interaction with a lovely young female Healer on another (straight) Gorean sim, has given us new friends, and potential trading partners.  (And MAN, talk about RP people.... those folks really LIVE the ideal!  She showed up ooc, just to pick up the rules of the sim, to return with her guards and companions at a later time, JUST so she could rp here properly.... LOVE that in new friends!)  We have other new savages in the jungle camp, a potential new brother warrior, and a Beast.
    Yep, you read that right.   We have a fearsome beast living in the caves beneath the ruined temple, and he HAS been seen in the temple itself, though we have as of yet to find his access, so we can seal it off.   His is an interesting, and I think, truly unique RP thread.  As Franzi was showing Scorp the finished baths the other night, we noticed a small person on the docks, resembling nothing less than Smeagol from LOTR! (Which, btw, is his RP name, too...).  He broke into the fort, and attacked the Scorpion, while he was still drying off from his bath.  (and Franzi was crashing, and then I did, and back and forth.... it was frustrating as hell!).  The whole time, he was claiming to be the new "Ruler", and demanding tribute in food.  Heehee.......

     I won't divulge his whole RP line, but he is now going to play a bit more "by the rules" of Tidra, and has taken up residence in the caves.  We justify his "looks and actions" as him being a genetic fluke, possibly abandoned at birth, and believing himself "cursed by the gods".  He knows little of his own history, living in a "day to day" existence, like a wild animal, but he certainly is feral and insane! (and ooc, funny as hell!).  There will eventually be a "Hunt the Beast" game involved, with cash prizes either going to those that take him down, or to him, if he is victorious.  Meanwhile, he lurks in the jungles, so beware!

Here is a pic of the wanted poster on the docs, that Tiger hung after his treacherous and dishonorable attack in the baths that night:



  On another note, we have a wonderful new logo for the island, thanks to Giani/Jovi.  Thanx, hun!!  It's lovely!
(Left to right... Tiger, Scorpion, Tyragon, Giani, and the Fortress of Tidra... a pivotal "character" in the RP in its own right!)

  Whether you come to play, or just come to tourist OOC, feel welcome on our home island.  It truly is beautiful, and a work of both art and love has been created there by Franzi....

_____________________________________________________________________


On to other things.... Emerald..... *sigh*.... Goodbye, my old friend.  Just toooo much freakin' drama.  Currently, I'm using the much hated, much inferior Imprudence, with all it's quirks, faults, features that don't work properly, etc.  About the only thing positive that I can say about it is that it rezzes slightly faster for me in certain areas, like malls.  Other than that it's a highly inferior product in my opinion.  I have heard of another viewer out there, called Emergence, which I want to try.  It's based, I've been told, on the design/layout/features of the Green Thing, but w/o the bothersome scripts that caused the problems.  Dunno, we'll see.  I still use Kirsten's for my professional photography, as it has truly good graphics, finally.

RL, not much has changed, for those of you that are also RL friends of mine.   Still looking for work, but hanging in there.  At least my attitude is a bit better at the moment, as I've had some cash work on the side, besides the unemployment, that has allowed me to catch up some bills.  Money is one of the triggers for the depressions I slip into, so getting that solved for the time being has helped.  Love you all, and thank you SO much for the support, and shoulders to lean on for the past several months.  Here's to a better, brighter future for us all!  Cheers!

(Now, if anyone can point me to a nice man in RL ....as many of you know, I'm not picky: A RL "Smeagol" is fine, long as he has wits and brains!...... a LITTLE lacking in the romance department these days..... lol!!!)


*Peace and Love and Beasts in Caves!*
             Tel
(Edit:  I have tried Emergence.  I am using Emergence.  I recommend Emergence.  I am in love with Emergence.  LOL!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment