Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pensive days.......

     Derren has been incredibly busy with RL commitments, as have I, and we're not getting a lot of "us" time, which is sometimes good for a relationship.  I must admit that during the holiday season, I can be a bit of a beast at times, and not the good kind that actually has fur on SL.  *grins a bit*  I've not been all that pleasant towards him, towards my other friends and family, and have retreated into building world a bit. 
     What started as a "ok, Tel, you're in a foul mood, so just find something to do, so you don't piss the world off" thing, has become a bit of an addiction.   I am reteaching myself skills that I've let atrophy through neglect, and, surprisingly, my first large structure actually turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself.  I'll try to get some pics up to post, later.  I think I will go back into business on SL (I know... we've all heard this before, right?  Heh.)  However, since I have a sim to support, and a family around me now, and RL is barely paying for itself, I think this is the incentive I need to actually "DO" something on SL, instead of just partying all the time.  I am a highly creative, rather artistic person RL, so I might as well use those skills inworld, hopefully for profit.  If it doesn't pay off that well, at least I have found something I enjoy, and hell, it's an excuse to have an even larger, more disorganized inventory, right?  LOL!  Actually, I'll probably dump the builds on my "other" Tel, Macmoragh,  and let him be the business front.  He only has about 200 things in inventory, even though he's a few months older than Macarthur is.  Lucky bastard!
     Meanwhile, I'm missin' my dollbaby, and last night, Tel actually managed to stop.  Just that.  Stop.  Think.
Listen to some good music, and just chill out.  The road to recovery from holiday woes is long and difficult, but thanks to my family and friends, is shortened with love.  */me smiles*
Original pic


Post Photoshop

     Oh, most of my textures are self made, as I'm such a damned perfectionist, and like realism in my SL, and a lot of what is out there available is either crap, or too expensive.  It takes a lot of time (six hours alone, yesterday in Photoshop, just to get six or seven good Tiki/beach style textures done that I needed), but could possibly open up another avenue of income.  If nothing else, I'm also learning to use PS a bit more... um.... graciously.  (I.E.>  A lot less ..."How the fuck did I get that look last time, and why the hell can't I remember how now?"  ROFL!)

*Post Holiday Stress Syndromically Yours*
Tel

1 comment:

  1. I've missed you too babes :( All work is done and I'm giving myself a break today. Hopefully see you later xxx

    ReplyDelete