Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick update....

Off to work soon, but just a quick update:

The whole house needs to be rewired.  Seems that the last landlord that owned it before I bought it did some creative engineering in the electrical department.  Good news:  house will have all new wiring, and be up to code.
Bad news:  This is slowing down reconstruction considerably, and adding to the mess, what with cutting holes in walls and so on.

On the job front, my employers have gone back on their word to work us at another of their restaurants this winter during the remodel.  We are going to be layed off on unemployment in the middle of the winter for 4-6 weeks.  Boy, thank you for THAT! (not!)  Well, hopefully, my "financial cushion", small as it is will see me through this! (But, I'd REALLY like to just find a new job, I think!)  I'm gonna take 3-4 weeks off, though, maybe, and spend some time with friends, Aso, and working on the cosmetics here at the house, depending on the time schedule for the remodel both here and at work.

Catch y'all laters!  Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment