Friday, June 25, 2010

It's been a LONG week......

     Well, this has certainly been "emotional rollercoaster week", in both worlds.

    First and foremost, I want to offer condolences to Franzi on the loss of his RL fur kid.  To lose a pet, especially one that you've had for a long time, is very difficult, regardless of their health.  In this case, I truly believe that the dear critter is in a happier place now, chasin' the eternal mousies around the Great Catnip Field in the sky.  Franzi, the strength that you evinced during this ordeal is an inspiration to everyone around you. *hugs, my friend*

    On a brighter note, Franzi has literally thrown himself into the rebuild on Tidra.  Whether you RP Gor (personally, I don't... I just rent from him "upstairs") or not, you HAVE to see this sim.  If you like wilderness, mountains, and ancient ruins..... this is HONESTLY one of the best I've seen.  That is not friendship speaking..... as many of you know, and one RL friend recently said.... "You are waaaaayyyy to honest and outspoken with your friends.... why are you so quietly kind to strangers?"  LOL!! (We'll get to THAT conversation later!)  Tidra is almost ready to reopen for RP, too, he assures me... it'll be nice to see people back downstairs from time to time OOC, as I DO have a lot of friends that are Gorean.

     RL has been, to say the least, frustrating this week.  It's been hotter than hell... temps around 95 degrees F everyday until yesterday with humidity pushing the heat index well above 100 degrees.... one day it hit 110!!!!!  Not good for chubby old folks with arthritis, trust me on this one.  We have had storms.  OMG have we had storms... winds that take down siding and limbs.... enough rain to fill the Ohio River ALMOST to flood point, etc.  I wish I could send some of that to my Canadian friends... I have one that's in between two wildfires, safe so far, but BOY are we praying for her!

     I had two job interviews this week.  The first went really well, and I should find out something by the first of the week.  Only bad thing about it was, as I was leaving, I saw someone that I knew heading in for an interview for the same job.  I only have three more unemployment payments, before it runs out. (Hey, btw, thanks Congress for NOT passing that extension bill!  That REALLY shows how much you care!!)  If I don't find something soon, there is a VERY good possibility that I'll have to sell my house.  She on the other hand, has three small children to feed and raise, and her no good asshole of a husband left her for an 18 year old gal.  My innate sense of "right" tells me that she should have this job, so I'm kinda hoping something else will show up for me.  We'll see.
     Second interview never happened.  Went to the business, announced that I was there for an interview, and sat.  And sat.  And sat some more.  Eventually, a DIFFERENT secretary came out, asked my business, so I repeated what I had told the first.  "Mr. so and so called me and set up an interview today."  "Oh, he didn't come in to work today, I'm sorry.   I'll have him call you when he comes back."  OK, there was an hour and a half wasted.  AND I think that was incredibly rude for no one to call me and let me know.  I may be unemployed, but I DO have other things to do...... yardwork for mom, still working on the house, etc...

     Mom's health has been up and down.  The heat and humidity is bad for her lungs, her arthritis, and her disposition.  Nuff said.

     Anywaaayyyyy...... to anyone that I may have been snappy with this week, sorry (See quote from RL friend above...LOL!!), but I'm human.... or elf, or satyr, or whatever...LOL!!... and have "these kinda weeks".... it doesn't mean I don't cherish each and every one of my RL and SL relationships.... after all, if you can't hit your friends with leftover emotional detritus sometimes, who CAN you? 

*Peace and hoping for some for ME, too!*
       Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment