Thursday, June 3, 2010

Potpourri of pure random thinking......

   SL thoughts:  Had another wonderful night at Pride last night, but didn't get there until late.  It was Romanum sim's turn at Iridium, and I had probably inadvertantly deleted the group's notice about it, and would have taken one of my other "boys" to dance, since he is in that group, but showed up as Tel in leather, again.... lol!  Aw, well, the "other's" Centurion costume is too hot to dance in anyway!  XD
           I ended up hopping over to Rhodium later, and heard another great set by InsyX, and several of us ended up in a wonderful discussion about food, politics and sex.  ALWAYS a good time!  ROFL!  Gotta love us Americans and our preoccupation with all three of the above!  LOL! (Btw, he's a wonderful debator... educated, informed, well spoken and respectful, even when it was becoming obvious that there were some major philosophical differences.... LOVE people like that!  Look forward to the next verbal smackdown, Insy!  LOL!)  I even met a Republican Lesbian!  Now there are two of us gay Repubs!  LOLS!
          My son, Spanki, has been adopted by his li'l brother  JessieCraig's new family on SL.  I am very happy for both of them.  From what I've seen and been told, it is a wonderful, loving vital grouping, which can hopefully give them both the support, time and attention that Tel is just not capable of at the moment, due to that nasty RL. They also have the added bonus of being on closer time zones, which allows for much more interaction as well.   They will both always be my "kids" in my heart, and I wish them both all the best in this, and everything else they endeavor!!  *hugs*  (with maybe a small, wistful tear or two for the 'coulda, woulda, shouldas'.....)
          I am reopening my AV styling biz, and combining it with doing profile photos, to engender some income on SL.  I've made about 2k so far... not bad in a week, and it's almost a week's rent! Other custom photography commissions are always welcomed to.... drop me an IM!

RL thoughts:  The job situation is gettin' me down, but I'm hangin' in there.  I guess the rumors that my ex-boss was not planning on bringing me back to work at the reopening are true, as he has an ad in the local paper for cooks/managers etc.  This gives me mixed emotions.  I hated him at the end, because of the reasons that I have stated in previous posts, and won't go into that again.  I hate him NOW, because of apparently being given bad references based simply on my not liking to be verbally abused in the work place.
(One quote from someone that was there when a call came in..."I don't know who the hell he thought he was... it's MY business, I'll say what I want... that's my right as the owner!"  sheesh!).  However, some little part of me was hoping, I think, that I would get to see my regular customers and daily friends and acquaintances again, and that this man, whom I used to admire for his business success, and in many other areas would have had time to think, and perhaps mellow a bit on the "fag issues" as he calls them.  (Indiana is a state where gays have NO status, legally.....so don't even get into the lawsuit issues with me!)

Other than that, just been sailing along....... day to day, one foot after the other... it's about all any of us can do!  Thank you to all that have let me rant, rave and fall to pieces on your shoulders.  I could NOT have survived the last six months w/o each and every one of you!  Cheers!

*Peace and a little frustration*
           Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment