Sunday, March 21, 2010

Calling all designers!

     I follow several fashion blogs, some openly, some silently, and one that I follow very much in the open is that of Photos Nikolaidis, who owns/designs the clothing for A:S:S.  In the genre, there are few equals, and none better.  However, this is not about his high quality clothing, but about his generosity as a designer.  He has just released a "Newb Pack" for AV's that are under 30 days old.  My dear friend Asoniel Komachi, over at AKC, also provides a few freebies in his shop.  High quality, low price wear is his specialty, and the freebies he provides are very good as well.  What a thoughtful and delightful idea!
     Yes, it is fun for us older AV's to get the occassional freebie by surprise, and yes, there are many freebie places out there, where the average noob can pick up anything from junk to the occassional quality item, from clothing to furniture, but for those that REALLY want to "fix up" their AV, and come to those of us that help with that for a living, it's GREAT to have a designer like Photos provide REALLY good stuff for them free, or at a reduced cost.  It not only helps them out, but, like my business motto says, is "Making SL a more beautiful place, one Avatar at a time!".  This ALSO provides GREAT free advertising for the merchants involved.  I wonder, if any of you with lots of merchant connections, or who ARE designers, or just wanna help your noob friends/clients out, would be interested in organizing a "Circle" of participating merchants just for this purpose?  This could include clothing, housing, furniture, landscaping, toys, really... anything of quality......or, if such a "ring" already exists, does anyone have contact information that I might get?  Thanx in advance for any responses.
      OK, COMPLETELY on a different subject........well, perhaps not, as this has some truly MAGNIFICENT design work in it!  This video has been posted ALL over YouTube, Facebook, Myspace, etc.   I just saw it this morning again on my friend Justyn's blog.  My turn to jump on the Gaga/Beyonce band wagon! Warning, though..... it's addictive! (And I THINK I might just have a few ideas for next Halloween... me and 85% of the OTHER gay men in the world that only do drag for fun, and for that special holiday!  LOL!)   And on a very personal note.... I'm kinda thinkin' that Lady GaGa is to this decade, what Madonna was to the 80's/early 90's.... creativity and originality personified!
(Yes, I've gotten the "Spring Bug"...  and now have spring colors all OVER my blog! HAHAHAH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment