Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!

OMG... FINALLY!!!!  The front two rooms of the house are done!  Yes, I have a small amount of touchup painting to do, and perhaps some nice flowers for the mantle........ other than that, DONE!  It has been a heartwrenching/rewarding two and a half months, my friends!  First, the fire itsself.  Then the breakup. Losing my job.  Waiting on the slow ass contractor.   Work, HARD work, on my hands and knees on those damned floors... (SO glad I decided, on the advice of a few dear friends, NOT to paint them now!)... other than the major repairs, I did it myself.  Backpatting?  Perhaps, but dammit, I'm PROUD of what I've accomplished.  I hope you all don't mind the picture flood, but I LOVE having my house, and my life back!  Woot!
My house is long and narrow, and REALLY hard to take pics of, and get the full effect.  I created a sitting area in the now larger studio room, pushed the desk off to the side, in an alcove created by a built in closet, and the shelving units.  You can't see them, but there are two rocking chairs opposite that love seat in the window pic. LOVE my new house and the new layout!  Woot!
LOVE you all, and thx again for the support!
*Peace*
Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment