Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hmmmmmmm.........

     Wow, well, what an interesting week this has been.  I've met a new fella!  Yes, it's very soon, and YES, it's very sudden.  We met on SL, but through mutual RL/SL friends. We are both scared shitless.  We are both VERY cautious.  We have BOTH been hurt in life, a lot, over the years, and are VERY wary of "sudden happiness", because it's VERY rare in RL.  We have plans.  We will see what happens, but things are off to a good start.  That's all that I'm gonna say on THAT subject for now, but I DID wanna acknowledge the relationship, and him.  We'll see.
     On the home front, my contractor hasn't showed up now for over three weeks to finish the electrical panel, move the dryer plug, work on the porch, etc.  I'm getting VERY frustrated, because he hasn't returned any of my calls, to either his cell phone, or his home phone.  I have just turned this over to my insurance company.  THEY are the ones that paid him in full up front, and THEY are the ones that can now just deal with the situation. 
     Let's see...... Spanki's video card crashed on him, and even though we don't talk daily, I miss seeing the little shit's name poppin' on and off my screen.  I did see him get on yesterday, but was not really on SL, having just parked Tel to listen to the music on the speakers while doing some more work in the bedroom. Isn't it funny how we get used to seeing our friends'/families' names on the screen, and don't NEED to always be in touch like that?  To just *see* the name gives you a good feeling, knowing that that person IS out there, when you need them or they need you, just like me and my best friend in RL.  Sometimes we don't get to communicate for months on end, but when we do, we pick up a conversation that's been going on for I think about 40 yrs. now, or so, right where we left off.   Hope that means all is well, now, Son!  Missed you!  Welcome Back! *Huggles and Kissles!*
     On the emotional front, other than the house situation, things are good.  I have peace back in my heart, soul and mind. I TOLD you all that I wasn't going bald and that that was just my "solar panel"!  LOL!  It's amazing what three days of sixty degree weather after the longest-feeling winter I can remember will do for you, right?  There are crocii blooming everywhere, the daffodils in the yard are budding, there are a few buds on the black cherry, ornamental plum, and crabapple trees in the yard.  About another week, and the redbud trees will be blooming their soft magenta haze.  I can't WAIT until the family lilac blooms, or the family roses.  We have one over at Mom's house that has been in the family for 7 generations, with SOMEONE taking it in each new generation.  It's a very old French double-tea perfume rose, that part of my family brought over with them during the French revolution.  They do NOT make roses that smell like this one anymore, trust me.  When it blooms, you can smell it a block away, though it sits in a hollow at the bottom of the back hill.  It's so nice to see people walking on the river walk a half block behind the yard stop, when the breeze is right in the Spring, when it's in full bloom.  They sniff, and smile.  Kinda makes all the work in the yard worthwhile.
     Within a week or so, I will begin working on the ponds, and flowerbeds, as soon as it dries up a bit.  It's mushy.  WAY too much snow melting this year, and the damp hurts the arthritis in my feet.  (Plus, if I just wait a week, I very well MAY have a new gardening buddy to help me with that.... heehee... we'll let HIM do the heavy work.... he's just a tad bit younger, and in better shape!  HeeHee!)  Spring is a GOOD thing!
     It's always been my favorite season. I HATE cold weather, and the heat in the summers, here along the mighty Ohio River, with the humidity, can be a BIT overwhelming.  Makes me sweat a bit too much, makes my joints ache, and makes my hair droop.  All four of them.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
     I really HAVE always loved Spring.  It's a time of fresh beginnings, of new babies, of new flowers, of new love.  Almost anything planted in the Spring grows remarkably well.  Let's hope that this is true this year of all years.  The beds in the yard, and the one in the house have all been neglected for too long.  It's time to pull the weeds out, rake out the detritus of winter, pick up the broken pieces of deadwood, and reset for a brighter Summer ahead.  Life has returned.  Externally AND internally, and this is a good feeling.
    Wishing you ALL the inner  peace that I've found,
       Tel

(Here is a video that I SHAMELESSLY stole from JC's blogsite.... when I saw it, I cried.  Between the music and the visuals, it's a stunningly beautiful video.  Thankx JC, for bringing this to my attention!)


No comments:

Post a Comment