Monday, October 18, 2010

User Experience Declining?

    Eddi Haskell posted a poll, over on  his blog, and it got me to thinking.  The answers to choose from were the standard:  better, the same, slightly worse, worse.  I would have to say mine is somewhere between sligtly worse and worse, with a codicil that some things have actually gotten better.
    Log in seems to be (usually) ok for me.  Somedays its horrendous, though.  Last night I crashed, tried to get back on for almost an hour, and it wouldn't let ANY of my accounts log in.  We'll see this morning.
    Graphics wise, I've noticed an improvement.  For about two days, I was not having alpha overlap problems, but they are back.  Sculpties are once again taking forever to rez, even with the renderVolumeLODfactor set fairly high. (I think I have mine about 5.8).  Teleporting has improved for me, usually, but on-sim lag has increased exponentially in the last week or so.  On the other hand, basic prim graphics have gotten better, sharpet and clearer.  Go figure.
     I have had delivery issues from Marketplace.  I spent over 2500L getting stuff for one of my alts for RP on Tidra.  Fifteen Vendors.  Not a thing went through, though I was charged, of course.  LL says I have to deal with the vendors, as it was their fault.  Fifteen of them all failed to deliver all at once?  Really?  What a coincidence.  I did receive a response from two so far, and they have graciously replaced the items, but insist (and showed me records of that day's transactions) that they never recieved the payment/order.  *shrugs*
     I am running a quad-core with massive amounts of graphic and regular memory, and have had few of these issues since I switched to it. I wish the peeps at LL would stop fixing things sometimes.  LOL!

*Peace and lag free days!*
    Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment