Monday, February 15, 2010

An evening of unexpected surprises.................

    Ok, yeah, I'll admit it..... I've let the actions of others kinda "get me down" lately, and haven't exactly been my old fun lovin' self.  Part of it is, of course, the anniversary of D's death, and part this idiotic Hallmark Holiday, which, since D's death, I've always managed to be alone on.  SL and RL.  LOL. 
So, after going to a dance at Seven Isles yesterday, and seeing all the "happy couples" and a few singles, and even someone who has a special place in my past, I was in a BIT of a funk.  My recent break up, the fire, Mom's health.... I'm a little on the vulnerable side now.  A weakness in the old Scorpionic Goat?  Hell yeah.  I've always worn my emotions on my sleeve, let people know exactly how I felt about them, and taken them at face value. Being an honest person, sometimes to a fault, I expect/look for that in others. 'T'aint always so, as my Mammaw used to say, but, if you give it, you will USUALLY get it back.  RL has REALLY been gettin' to me lately.  All those people that I helped move, redecorate, etc....  guess what?  Seems that they are all to damned busy to help me now.  Imagine that.
    So, after about a week or so of raw emotions, and "putting on a good face", it all kinda fell apart for me the night before Valentine's.  Fortunately, I have friends.  Good friends. Lots of them.  I had a long long talk with one that I barely know inworld, but have gotten close to on Facebook.  She kinda knocked some sense into my head. LOL!  And on the 14th itsself, had a LONG talk with my Sis, Corinda.  Finally got myself back on track, and back into life.
    So, back to the point, after this trying time, I was just kinda going around the sim, sending shit BACK to the rude people that seem to have been using it as a sandbox...(may have to adjust those perms there)....when Spanki's bro Franzi IM'd me, and wanted to come over with his hubby, Kenshi, and see my new place.  Of course, I was delighted, as I love both these fellas to death, and wanted to get to know them better, and not just in a club setting.  I had to go to the RL store real quick, but they hopped over while I was afk. Came back to find them cuddling on one of my swings.  They had waited until I got back for the "tour".  What gentlemen!
    We were about half way through, and I saw Spanki log on, and immediately invited him over, too.  We all had SO much fun, until the happy couple had to go sleep.  The time difference is hard on SL sometimes, but workable, usually.  After Franzi and Kenshi left, Spanki and I sat and talked about some deep stuff for the longest time, and healed more old wounds, and just had quality Father/Son time, sitting in my big old swing, yakkin' our butts off. 
     Then I got an IM.  It was in response to a rather heated exchange with someone from my past.  From that person.  I was unsure whether to even respond, but after getting madder and madder, I did.  You know what?  There was WAY lots of unfinished business there, and, having shooed Spanki off to sleep (time diff there, too), and after an hour of IM'ing, we got most of it settled.  It's nice to put old angers and hurts,  misunderstandings and drama to rest, and to apologize to people that you've wronged, and to accept those apologies from them, as well.  
       It was probably the best Valentine's day I've had in a long, long time.  Thank you my friends and family.  You are simply amazing!

*Peace*
Tel
Kenshi, Franzi, Spanki..... *hugs, mates!*

1 comment:

  1. ::Big hugs and lots of love::

    It sounds like you went through so much yesterday, emotionally and otherwise, good and rough, that you must have been *exhausted* when you went to bed.

    ReplyDelete