Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let it end, now, please......

     I have stood on the sidelines, quietly supporting my Son and his partner through all the drama, and, no matter the opinions I wanted to voice, I have NOT done so.  To those of you who know how outspoken I am, you know what this cost me, internally, but I felt it best.  This last volley, however, demands from me a few comments, whether welcome or not.  I know you will read this, ALL of you, because I can think of no one else in Italy who might, and because the boys both openly follow my blog, of course.
     Attempts were made in your blog, and you know to whom I am referring, to drag me into this mess, way back in the beginning, right after your break up,questioning mine and Spanki's  relationship as father/son, trying to make it into something less than it is; something profane, and not just a happy meeting of two people that can be there for each other unconditionally.  We did not meet until AFTER you had broken up.  That is the truth.  I know you've been told that, but hear that from me as well.  Please, let me express an opinion to you all.
     My last relationship before my current one, I also was involved with a much younger man.  (and, btw, Spanki did NOT tell me your age... I am guessing from your profile pic, that we are contemporaries.)  It didn't work.  Like it or not, they think differently, and have different goals, morals, and mores that they live for, and with.  They don't get our humor, nor we theirs, sometimes.  The generation gap, and in your case, a bit of a language barrier, although your English is very good, can also play a part in the miscommunication.
      I would like to say, however, that you seem like an intelligent, sensitive person, one that I think I might have liked to call a friend at one point.  You are a VERY good DJ... I've been to your gigs in other forms, and not recognizable to you.  Your writings on your blog, and, yes, I read it, when not on THIS subject, are well done, very descriptive, and eloquent.  You are NOT a monster, you are hurting, as I did with my ex, but at some point, you need to let the hurt just GO.  It's hard.   I understand this.  These "kids", and that's exactly what they are to men of our age range, need time to reach the levels of experience, and, yes, at the risk of offending them, maturity that we are capable of at our ages.  They need to make their own decisions, and yes, (and I hope NOT), their own mistakes, both in RL and in SL, as we have done over the years.
     On many levels, you remind me of my self... very emotional, and you obviously "feel" things very deeply.  This can ALSO be very difficult to deal with, as it often seems that others "just don't understand".  I do.  I make you a sincere offer....... IF you ever want to chat, person to person, please contact me.  My profile is available in search, or just pull it up.  I know you know my name, although, to your credit, you never mentioned it in your blog, so I am doing you the same courtesy here.  Maybe I can help you to "move on", as I have been in EXACTLY the position, both with the relationship, and emotionally, that you appear to be in.  If you will let it, time can heal many wounds, both internal and external, and, then, you are SO much more ready when the "right" one comes along.... trust me.  You will know that it's "right" because of the differences between it and the "wrong" relationship.
    As for you sons of mine.... you have the right to be happy, and drama free, unless it's of your own making.  Answering such things has allowed it to continue, which is an opinion I have expressed to you before.  I support you, I support your relationship, and will be there for you, but I need to say this, as well.... go on with your lives.  You are both so happy, and fulfilled.  Look to THAT side, and ignore the negativity.  It's hard, yes, especially the "taking this shit RL".  That is and shall remain the wrong thing to do, but it happened, and now needs to be overlooked, or at least moved past.
     As a parting shot of my own, BOTH sides have expressed their views, and opinions on Spanki's blog, Miki's blog, and the third party's blog.  All sides have the right to feel the way they do, and to express those feelings, but, it's done.  Let those be the parting shots of a battle that had to happen, but shouldn't have.  Just let your ships drift apart now, following their own currents.  I wish you ALL, and I mean that sincerely, the fun and love that SL can and does bring to those of us that treat it as more than just a game.  Let it end, now, please, before the hurt gets any deeper on either side.
     Move on, all of you.  Be happy.... it's truly a wonderful state of mind!

Best wishes to all concerned,
Tel

2 comments:

  1. Just a follow up... all parties have agreed to cease and desist.... I hope the truce becomes a lasting peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be no more comments approved for this post. Sorry, I, at this time, don't really have the emotional fortitude to deal with this, after my break up with Dobby. Love to the kids, best wishes to HT.

    ReplyDelete