Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Truly Wonderful Family Night.......

     Yesterday, I was having "one of those day".... the kind that just hits you out of the blue, the kind that leave you feeling vulnerable emotionally, and "less than you can be."  They hit me occassionally, and I am NOT a lot of fun to be around when in that kinda mood.  The Jovial Satyr ceases to exist, and my inner child whimpers and pouts.  For some reason, my voice chat only works when it damned well pleases, and I have been feeling that I am missing out on a lot... and that takes me back all the way to Jr. High, to the days of the geeky kid with the glasses that never got picked for the teams, that never quite "fit in" because he was just a little too "strange", a little "too much smarter" than the other boys, a little "too much on the outside looking in".  We all have "those days", but mine have been frequent lately, as my RL is a mess at the moment, and there are many things in it that just can NOT be resolved because they are out of my hands.  For a control freak such as myself, with OCD, who likes EVERYTHING neat and orderly, this is frustrating to say the least.
     Fortunately, the kids were bored.  HA!  They invited me and Aso over to Spanki's place, and we danced the night away, and talked.  Just talked. 
     It's amazing what having your family around you can do for you.  To dance with someone you love, to have your family not only accept that love, but to embrace it fully, is a wonderful feeling.  To be there, just quiet at times, listening to the music, knowing that you are all "part" of this greater whole, that you ALL belong to the same thing, well, that makes things better in many ways.  "Belonging" to the group is a basic human instinct, going back, the experts say, to the days when the "tribe" banded together against the outside world.
     We have all four bonded in this manner, but it's evolved to the point where we can now EMBRACE the outer world, for all of it's good and all of it's evils.  Yes, we squabble occassionally, as all families do.  Yes, there are times that we get on each other's nerves, and we hiss a little, but at the core, we have established a VERY strong foundation, built on love and mutual respect for the individual, and for the family as a unit.  That is an amazing thing to me, that people that have never met face to face in RL can bond in this fashion, becoming a "unit".  I have been close to people many times over the years, both in RL and in this virtual world, and have many good and dear friends in both.  This is different, and quite unique.  Four disparate personalities have become "one", uniting when necessary to chase away the bad dreams.  It's a beautiful thing, and I wish this for everyone that I know:  that you TOO can find this somewhere, and experience the nonjudgemental love of a "family", the acceptance of who and what you are, both the good and the bad.

Love you my son and my son-in-law.  Aso, there are no words, as you know, for what we have become, and hope to be in the future.
















5 comments:

  1. Hang in there Papi, I know that in my life, bad things have happened and I thought everything was tits up, but really it was the universe clearing the way for good things to come into my life. And, no matter how much I tried to plan, they always did, despite of my plannin, and thank heavens!. Spanki and Asoniel and you are like that for me, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs his family tight* I don't know what I'd do without you guys. Miki and Spanki are wonderful friends to have; Kind and caring people who know the true meaning of family.
    Tel, you're the greatest thing to happen to me in SL so far, and fast approaching the real world too. Love you, my big elf. *kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, Papi, ((((big hugggs))))
    didn't kno you were havin a blue day yesterday but it just makes me all the more glad that you and Aso came over and we had such a nice night altogether. Family time is great, and I'm so happy for that day you found me wandering and now I have somewhere to belong, I have my family who accept me and support me, I have my love who loves me just how I am and is always there for me, and I have some real friends to trust and share with.
    *shoo's away the bad days and hugs ya tight*

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. that was spanki posted that last comment hehe! for some reason jess left his google account open and I didnt notice and it posted as him hehe! but I'm know he shares the feelings of real family too (even thou I'm gonna kick his butt for makin me post in the wrong name hehehehe)

    more hugggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA, i figgered it out, son(s)... and of course we all love Jessie, too!

    Damn what a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete