Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

As we here in the States celebrate Thanksgiving, I'd like to list some of the many things that I personally have to be thankful for on this wonderful family Holiday!
First and foremost, I am thankful that I am reasonably healthy, in spite of the ICK that I've been whining about for about 2 weeks now.  I have a job, a rarity in the States, and if I've heard correctly from my friends abroad, in the world in general these days.  I am thankful that in spite of two strokes in two years, and other health issues, my mother, at age 70 1/2, is still plugging along, still here to annoy and delight her children and friends.  *smiles*
I am very grateful for the friends that I have in RL, the ones that have been there for me for what has amounted to one of the most trying 18 months of my life in many ways.
I am extremely thankful for my SL friends and family.  You've provided me with many joys, laughs, as few tears and cussin's as well, but that's all part of it,  you know.  To be able to return to SL, and to pick up a couple of friendships that way that I have, is a wonderful thing.  For the "new" friends that I've made since Teleny arrived on the scene last February, you are some of the best, most nobly spirited people that I've met in my life.  Eacen and Corinda Taurus.... you've been there, thick and thin, since we first met 4 months ago back in NF, when it was a bustling sim, and you rented off of me at the now defunct Keep.  Now, your family at Seven Isles, through all it's changes, has become mine as well, and accepted Asoniel as a "long lost son".  Mina, Neria, Odinn... Seth and Emile... the list there is endless!  Spanki Moulliez... my son.... what can I say?  You kept me sane at a time when I was not able to do it on my own.  To be able to love someone unconditionally, w/o any strings or drama... that's what you gave me, and allowed me to give you. Bless you, kiddo!  Look how much we've both grown, my dear dear friend!  Miki Ushimawa.... yeah, we've butted horns... we are so very much alike.... yet, underneath it all, there is a current of brotherly love, which has allowed us to overcome our opinions, and become good friends.  You are a fantastic, sweet man.  The way that you have been so very good both to and for my Son, well, that makes you all that much more dear to me, as an icing on OUR friendship.
Aruin Vaniva.... though mostly not on SL at all any more, our friendship is enduring, eh, old chum?  We started our friendship with one meeting at the shopping mall in NF, and decided that day to be "best friends"... through the Macaniva time, the old PI days, now into RL and Facebook... who'd a thunk it?  And let's not forget your RL fiancee.... helluva gal! *hugs to both!*  Greenfayrie Lorefield..... you silly, silly woman.... you'll always be my "Family Fae", you know.  My dear Asoniel is quite as smitten with you as I am, dear.  You have become quite a friend since we first met at Sac!
The rest of the Sac family, now reborn at Digital Immortality... Mav, Nae, Jamie, Poe, omg, I know that I'll forget half of you, so I'll just stop naming names.... you've seen me through three partners, and now into the RL adventure that is me and Asoniel.  Love you ALL!!!!  Trace and Ado at Tainted Boys... relatively new friends, yet not any the less dear for that! So many others on SL  and in my RL that I can't even begin to name them all.
Mistletoe Ethaniel.... can't say much more than what I've said in this blog and on my SL profile and picks.... friend, sensai, partner in crime at times..... sister.     You're moving on, mostly, to greener pastures for yourself, but you will ALWAYS be a part of my SL, and now, through skype, email, and so on, a permanent fixture in my RL as well.
Last, but certainly not least, my beloved Asoniel.  You are the best thing that's happened to me, SL or RL, though I will not fault certain others for trying in the past, and wish them nothing but the best now.  After all, if they hadn't started the "healing process" of my soul, WE wouldn't be where we are now, right?  Honey, the love that I hear in your voice, and the support that you've given me, and let me give you, both here and in the imaginary world of Reality, has become so important to me that I hear it last thing as I go to sleep at night, and first thing when I awake now.  I feel my arms around you as I sleep, and know that you feel it too.  I love you, and am VERY grateful for "Whatever Is Out There" for giving me this chance to be whole again , with you! (Yeah, and yer Ma is a hoot, too!  heehee)  I'm thankful for the acceptance that I've found in your family, and you in mine.

To end this rambling missive..... I'd just like to give thanks for all that I have, for all that I am, and for all that I'm becoming.  Love you all, and may your respective Gods bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment