Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Fear.......(Second Life post, with a RL footnote)

     I've been spending a lot of time with someone special lately.  We've gotten very close, and yet are proceeding in a slow, pre-meditated fashion, writing and laying down in stone the rules as we go along.  It's quite comfortable.  We laugh.  Laughter is a good thing, and has been in short supply the past couple of months.....
     Last night we went to Immersiva..... Bryn Oh's amazing sim where she makes most of her machinimations.  Her work, whether her builds, her poetry, her filming style, whatever.... are a bit dark and dissonant, but there is a *small* thread of hopefulness for something better in all of them.  They *speak* to my soul on a very deep level, even though the sim itself has changed a bit since my last visit.  The starting point to "The Rabbicorn" story is now in a small cave, rather hidden under the giant snake-like bones that cover about 80% of the sim, and the tower and vids for "Daughter of Gears" are there, of course, the main theme of the sim.  Look EVERYWHERE if you go there.  There are vid links, and other surprises everywhere..... and yeah, it's a pain in the butt the first time, but DO make sure you reset your sky settings as she recommends.  I saved them, and used them elsewhere.... kinda neat.
     Anyway, back on topic..... I haven't had a "romance" in a while, but this vid of Bryn's kinda sums it up.  (I think it was her first machinima, and not as perfect as her current ones, but it's simplicity *works* for me.)


      I've been hurt.  He's been hurt.  This will take a while, but, as this Moby song says...."Wait for me."



     It is scaring the hell out of me, and I wouldn't trade it for all the pixels in the world, right now.  *smiles*

(End Second Life Transmission..... signing off.)

____________________________________________________________________

(Begin Real Life Transmission..... signing on.)

     Well, I officially start training at the new job Friday.  I *think* I'll have this one last weekend free, then we have another intensive training session Monday evening, and Tuesday we open for an invitation-only lunch for local business people, the Mayor, etc.  (Which, as middle management, is kind of good for me, since I know all of the folks from having been in the biz here for years.... lol)  I am not positive of my schedule, yet, and it will probably be flexible. *le sigh... I'm a creature of habit, and would LOVE a set schedule again, but at this point, it's a job, right?  Not that many of them out there these days!  This will eat into my SL time greatly, but RL has to come first.   The worst part, though, is that I think I'll be working mostly evenings and weekends, which is when my SL closest friends are on.  They understand the necessity, of course, but I will miss talking to them daily.  Ah, well, we all know several ways to contact each other.
     Here's a humorous note.... when my RL "not yet a boyfriend" is over, and I'm on SL, he asks me to say Hi to my SL "not yet a boyfriend" for him, and vice versa.  I find that not only amusing, but incredibly sweet and understanding, knowing how so many people have to "hide" their SL from their RL partners, etc.  I know that SL has broken up relationships RL before, and also the reverse.  We had our first fight last week, which had nothing to do with SL, and we survived it, and it only strengthened our feelings.  I think I'll keep this one around a while. *Smiles contentedly*     

Here's a great cover of one of my fave Lily Allen songs.... just thought I'd pass it along!



*Good days again!*
   Tel

    
    

1 comment:

  1. Is a great sim. :) Haven't had much of a chance to watch more of her videos. I'll probably say it again closer to the time but good luck with training on Friday. xox

    ReplyDelete