Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just freakin' great.....(RL post)

   So, I move the furniture around in the living room, and go to get the Xmas stuff out.  It's in a closet that only has it, and my very best clothing in it.  I notice a wet sweater collar.  I look up.  Half the ceiling is collapsed, and there is black mold everywhere.
   Gone..... over 3500$ (that's what the insurance estimate was originally, when I took the policies out) of antique family (irreplaceable, and either now with paint peeling or was cloth or paper) ornaments.  Gone.... a large collection of antique European paper ornaments from the late 19th century.  Gone.... about that amount of clothing.  Armani tux.... black mold.  ALL my cashmere sweaters... black mold.  Brand new winter coat, bought when I was working a decent job last year at end of seaon, never worn... black mold.  All my old college and high school memorabilia.. (diplomas, clothing, cap and gown, etc.) ruined or black mold. 
  No sign of roof damage (it's tin, and only about five years old), and I can't see inbetween my house and mom's where the damage is, as that's the end where there is only a 4" air space, and it's sealed.  Can't even get the insurance guys here until Monday, when I am to supposed to have my final training session at the new job.  Just Freakin' Great!

Happy Freakin' Holidays.... I can't take a whole lot more bullshit this year!

*Tel*

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! How long do you think it's been there? I'm so sorry hun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was in there digging for something about Halloween, so not that long, fortunately. I just can't get to the place it "might" be leaking... w/o taking out the inside wall of the house, because the two sit so close together, no one can get between them. Grrrrrr.........

    ReplyDelete