Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Well, this is gonna be interesting......

    The Republicans have taken back control of the House of Reperesentatives here in the U.S.  The Democrats retained control, although by less of a margin than before, of the Senate.  We have a Democratic President. I suspect we will have a dead stalemate for the next two years, now, and nothing will get accomplished.  What makes it bad, for me personally, because I think they are ALL crooks, is the unemployment issue. 
    The Republicans were the ones that held up the Federal extensions for the long term unemployed before.  If they do that again when this cycle runs out, many of us stand to lose everything... our houses, our cars, our self-respect.  (Personally, self- respect and the "sense of well-being" have been a bit low these days anyway, for many reasons.  Thank all the gods that mankind has ever created for my RL "not yet a boyfriend".  He's a very stable individual, and reaffirms and recenters me a lot.)  These benefits are due to run out Nov. 30th, and though they don't "actually" take charge until January, I see no reason why they would compromise now.   Many of us are not unemployed because we don't want to work, but through factors out of our personal control.  I've never been unemployed more than a week before in my adult life. 
   I guess we'll just have to see what happens, right?

As for SL and the RP on the home sim.... I guess it started again yesterday.  One of the savages captured a lost young man in the jungles, and bartered to trade him to the Fortress people. (So I was told later, as I was unable to be inworld yesterday.)  The parties involved will have to blog about that, as I wasn't a part of that due to RL reasons.  Hopefully we'll see something on the other sim-related blogs soon, but just lettin' y'all know that, for practical purposes, Tidra is back up and running again.  Come play!  (I won't be inworld as much during the day now, for the reasons I mentioned earlier, which means I'll miss a lot, if not most, of the beginning of the new RP lines... I am gonna have to find "something"... even if only minimum wage and part time.  If I lose my house, I lose Mom's too, because we tied the properties together for tax purposes.  Can't let that happen.  It's not fair to her.  She worked to damned hard after the divorce to get back on her feet, and besides, she's my mother, right? *smiles a bit wanly*)

*Emotionally exhausted and a lot blue these days*
Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment