Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Moving right along.....

Well, the insurance company is moving right along, it seems.  The cleaning crews started today, well, they took ALMOST all my stuff out of the rooms that were damaged.  Unfortunately, they didn't know that to an antique collector, that a high backed chair from the late 1800's with the original upholstery, even though a bit threadbare in some place, is STILL a valuable piece, nor is a steamer trunk dating to 1912, that has a hand rubbed oil finish, nor apparently, my television.  They do now.  *grins*
 I have the new door up already on the side of the house, where the firemen, god bless 'em!, busted it down to get to my RL kittehs.  The contractor is gonna start the day after Christmas, I think, on the demolition of the lower part of the front wall, which includes a "gut and rebuild" and rewiring, etc. 
ServiceMaster, a professional cleaning service, will be in after they are done, to do the finishing touches on the hardwood floors, walls, etc. 
Again, thank you to all that have offered such good support right now, and especially to my li'l kitteh... you've been a blessing, love, and I don't know how I would have gotten through this without your shoulder, and smile!
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment