Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Update and music!!!! (or, life goes on, don't it?)

     First and foremost, I want to thank all the many people who have expressed sympathy, support, offered help etc. here, on Facebook, in email, on the phone, however, when I got back online yesterday.  The outpouring of love from friends and complete strangers has been amazing.  Those who doubt the power of the internet to forge strong, lasting bonds, friendships, and yes, loving "family" relationships, can talk to me.  I'll set them straight very quickly!
     On the fire/insurance front, it's moving along quickly.  The adjuster was here yesterday, took photos, looked around, and recommended some contractors that the insurance company uses regularly: that being said, however, since I live in a historic home in a historic district, I think for the structural/cosmetic work on the house, I'll use a local contractor who knows our ordinances etc..  I WILL use the other one recommended by the inspector for general cleaning, as they use professional services that guarantee their work, and can remove the smoke smell both chemically and with ionization chambers that the locals don't have access to.  The only things that really need to be "replaced" out of all my furniture are some upholstered items, and so on.  The paintings, mostly oils and acrylics, can be salvaged and cleaned, but not really sure about some of the ornate, plaster work antique frames that I had them in.  We'll see.
    I am missing my Aso very much.  This man is simply amazing.  He kept me from crying all weekend with his own jokes, cuddles while watching Christmas shows on the TV at the hotel, and so on.  We had a wonderful dinner out Sunday night, and then went to see Avatar, which is a kinda formulaic movie, but the graphics... OMG, WOW~~~~~!!!  It was a really fun night, and let me "forget about the shit" for several hours.  Thank you so much, love!  I am looking forward to your next visit, or perhaps it will be MY turn next time.  We'll see.  The bank told me yesterday that they can approve either a second mortgage on the properties (I own two in joint ownership with my mother.) or a refinance, perhaps;  I might just get that newish car after all!  We'll just have to see how quickly the restoration on the house goes.  No matter what is going on, though, this will certainly be a Christmas to remember, both as one of the worst and best that I've ever had!
      Here is my offering for the resumption of the Holiday music.... I'm not a Christian, as many of you know, but the gratitude and thankfulness that I feel to "Whatever Is Out There" is simply profound.  This song has a twofold meaning to me, both a nod to my Christian upbringing, and my current status as Wiccan, with the Divinity of the Mother expressed so vividly.  However your personal beliefs lead you, may you have the peace of soul that I've found both through love of partner, family, and friends, and faith in the "Other".  May your respective Gods bless each and everyone of you! 





    

2 comments:

  1. I'll set them straight very quickly!

    That's the first time you've ever uttered that sentence, isn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope.... say it to ALL the ugly ones! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete