Monday, December 21, 2009

The Weekend from Heaven and Hell......

     Well, what was to be our first weekend together in RL, the weekend of romance, dancing, and delight... started off with a firey, unplanned twist.  I was as work about 10 AM Saturday morning, when my mother called me. "Hey, you better come home, your house is on FIRE!"  OMG... I told my waitress/backup cook what was going on, stopped, or rather ran through the other restaurant that my employers own, and told one of the owners, and loped as fast as the arthritis in my feet would let me the three blocks home, only to see flames shooting out of the front wall of my house, and black smoke billowing into the air.  If you've never experienced this, the feeling can't be described.  The front of my house, an 1860's gingerbread trimmed shotgun style, was the only part of it that I'd had the money/time to "finish" since I bought it.  Ruined.
      To hand it to our local, all volunteer fire departments, they had it out in less than an hour and a half, and with the most minimum damage that my insurance adjuster said he's seen in many years.  My house is full of antiques, and other family/purchased collectibles.  They got in the front door with the key, and then used the hoses from the inside out, rather than the usual way, outside in, in order to minimize the water damage. Godz bless them!  All I really lost, other than structural damage, was a couple of paintings, and some upholstery.  They even managed to miss my grandmother's Victrola, which was sitting right against the wall that had been on fire!
     In the meantime, I had sent my mother inside HER house to call "Asoniel" and tell him NOT to start down here from where he lives in the northermost part of the state.  It's a 4 1/2 hour drive or so, and I wasn't sure of damage/where I was to stay, whatever.  He called back in an hour and a half, and said he was coming anyway, that he wanted to be with me in this horrible time, and that he loved me.  How could I refuse that?  What a sweet, adorable, loving mate I have!
     Here are some pics of the fire damage, and a coupla ones of me and my li'l Satelfteh... I do NOT photograph well... I look like a bald 48 yr old man in pictures, whereas in MY mind, I'm merely a 25 yr old stud with long hair still.... apparently, HE sees me with my mind's eye, as he assures me I'm cute and sexy.... (either that, or he needs MUCH better contact lenses!)  HE, of course, is a total babe, with no photoshopping necessary to make him perfect!  Love you, Kitteh~!
     Any other pics from the weekend... well, I think perhaps I'll just keep them to myself! *winks and geezer grins!*

Love y'all, and will resume holiday posts tomorrow, or later this evening, if possible... still not able to stay here at home, as I have no heat at the moment, and electricity only in two rooms.  At least the insurance is moving swiftly, and put me and my honey up in a nice hotel for the weekend, complete with spa bathtub!  (heehee... that was kinda fun, actually!)  He tells me everything happens for a reason... perhaps he's right.  The fire certainly kept any last minute jitters away while he was enroute to see me, and when he walked up on my porch the first time, and we collapsed into each other's arms, it was more "Oh, sweetie, I'm glad you're home!", rather than "awkward teen at his first dance".  Love you, my Asokitteh.... and look forward to your NEXT visit! (Hopefully, it will be MUCH less exciting, unless WE make it that way!)


 
The pics above are of just a part of the damage from the fire.  The ones below are of the happy benefit that came out of the weekend.  Remember, love IS blind, and, obviously, so is my kitteh!  ROFL!


Kitteh after he picked me up for the trip to the hotel.



Aso standing in the diner... yes, Goma, this one is the PROOF that he DID come in to see you!




Final pic, right before Aso left for his drive north.... be careful, li'l Satelfteh, and come back to me soon!



7 comments:

  1. Jesus cuz you ok ??????



    place looks forked !!!

    huggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, cuzzin... I'm ok, "Aso" came to see me anyway, only biggie is no electric in the front of the house, so staying at mom's a few nights since no reason for the nice hotel with the hottub with him not here now. :( Ty for writin', and thx for the huggles... miss seein' you on SL! (but will keep in touch on FB, promise!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell mate i am so sorry. I am so glad they managed to save most of your stuff. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help We love you

    Eacen/mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike... ty for the support... the damage was mostly in the front wall, and the porch roof, and some of the decorative shingles on the front of the house, though. The rest of the damage was smoke/water, and even the fire fighters mitigated the worst of that. They came in and water to the "outside" so most of my antiques, except for one lamp shade (tiffany) and the upholstery is ok. Love you guys, too! *hugs to you and Cor!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so you know

    http://aruin-letspartylikeits1899.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY SHIT what a weekend! If there's anything himself or I can do, you know you need only ask. I heard that there's an old Chinese proverb that says any fire that didn't hurt anyone is a blessing. I'm babbling. I just had lots of sugar. I'd been waiting all weekend to hear how it went and well, surely not what I was expecting!

    I'm glad you're OK, a ghara. *hugs*

    Limbs of my heart,
    Mist/Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. TY, Elflet, for the offer, but it's all in the hands of the contractors/insurance company now.. and, really, other than the smoke and water damage (and that damned 1960's blown in insulation~!), the damage is pretty much confined to what you see in the pics. With "Whatever's out there" and Asoniel to lean on, I'll be just fine!

    ReplyDelete