Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wrapping up 2009..............

Well, 2009 has certainly been an interesting year to say the least.  I think perhaps the most significant thing early in the year was my return to Second Life after a long absence.  It had changed so much since my first experiment with it, that I really WAS a noob all over again. The few "old buddies" that were still around from those days were welcoming, and the new friends that I made were/are simply amazing.  I gained a whole new family with my Macaniva Clan, gained a "cousin" from afar in Aruin, and of course, my beloved Mistletoe and Eacen and Corinda.  There are WAY to many of you to mention on here by name, but you know who you are, and what you mean to me.
     Mistletoe, my guiding light, has gone from SL now, moving on to greener pastures in Open Life, where her building skills are highly in demand.  Aruin and I keep in touch on Facebook, though RL has prevented him from returning to SL for the most part.  I've loved and lost, holding nothing but respect for the ones that moved on, and wish you nothing but the best.  Many, if not most of my SL friends are now RL friends, with frequent contact outside of this "game" (yeah, right!) that we "play".  I cherish all of the bonds that I've found inworld, and am so happy that we've used this "social networking experiment" as just that..... a stepping stone to deeper and more wonderful ties in our personal lives.
     As many of you know, well, all of you if you read this blog... I've had some ups and downs in the job area, and am currently looking for new employment... anyone need a private chef?  LOL!  I hope to find new employment soon, so I can leave what has been an increasingly difficult situation, but for the mean time, am TRYING to just suck it up and deal.
     The recent fire at my home is well underway to being "fixed".  Perhaps all disasters are not bad things in the long run.  My house will have better insulation, better wiring, a new water heater, etc..  Sometimes, as my beloved says, "things happen for a reason".  Yep, baby, once again you are right!  Work is progressing steadily... slowly, but I live in a home built in the 1860's, and in a historic district, so there are guidelines for materials and construction that must be met, to keep the integrity of the site intact.  Ok by me, as this only increases the value of the property.
    Mom's health has become increasingly precarious this year, as many of you know, with the second stroke in September, and some other issues, but all in all, kinda "leveling out"..... she's an old workhorse, won't slow down, and that's just fine.  As long as she keeps going, I'll be there to support and cherish her, all the while attempting to keep the peace in the family.... ah, we ARE a contentious bunch, us Irish/Jewish/Native American/Baptist/Catholic/Wiccans! ROFL!
     Finally, the most important thing that happened to me this year.... My beloved Asoniel.  Baby, you have made this all, ALL of it, much easier, and bearable.  Your love, your support, has been invaluable, and you have filled that empty hole in my heart that David's death left oh so long ago.... I love you so very much.  Thank you for coming into my life, then choosing to stay, in SPITE of me!  *grins*

I wish you all...... friends, family, loved ones, and even those that have moved on outta my life, both SL and RL, all the best in the New Year... Peace, Prosperity, Love, and the fulfillment of dreams.  May your respective Gods bless each and every one of you, and may you know the gratitude and peace of mind that I have currently.  Slainte!








No comments:

Post a Comment