Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just for fun!

     Ok, so yesterday was NOT a good day for me..... I was hovering between depression and anger all day long.  Today WILL be different, if I have to cry while murdering someone to get there. (KIDDING!)  I HAVE decided, though, that I am gonna have a good day.  There are several reasons........
     In the first place, my internet has been a little wonky lately.  SL problems aside, and we all know how multiple THOSE can be, I keep popping off line, or freezing up, or whatever.  This has never happened before, and after running every scan that my system is capable of, have determined that the problem lies with Verizon, and not on my end.  That's a HUGE load off my mind, because I'm kinda at the mercy of the virus/malware/whatever scanners, because, though I DO have some computer training, most of it predates Windows, even! (Yes, I have a call into them... you'd THINK the phone company would have a few more operators, eh?) 
    Last night, I was at a club with some friends, and lost voice for the third time that evening, tried to relog, and my entire internet had gone wonky.  It wouldn't even let me check my email.  I reset the modem, but nothing, even though all the indicators showed a good connection.  I played around in photoshop a bit, and by the time it DID let me get back online, everyone had logged for the night.
     Anyway, I wanna apologize to anyone that might think that I've been deliberately ignoring them, or just "popping" offline in a snit or whatever.  'T'ain't so.  Nuff about that.
    I've been having a little feedback from the jobsearch, and have two interviews scheduled this week.... both, unfortunately, still in the foods industry, but oh, well, it IS what I know best.  With the arthritis only getting worse in my feet, it will be hell to go back to standing all day long, but one is a manager's job in a well run local "social club", so maybe I'll get some paperwork time, or something.  At least there, I won't have to deal with the "fag jokes" and sexual hijinx that went on at the LAST job.  Wish me luck!
    I may have to give up the homestead sim, and find cheaper rent if I don't find a job soon..... I hope not, and have done some "cash jobs" here and there for friends, but that is seasonal, of course, and the unemployment, while very near our state's maximum amount, is gonna squeak by on the RL bills, but not support that extra "rent" in SL.  Time for a little practicality!
     The sun is shining.  It's warming up again.  Gonna be a GOOD day!  Off to the gardens for a little sunshine and weed therapy..... LOL!
     Hope y'all like this little video as much as I do... I think it's REALLY adorable, and if it brightens just one person's day, has done it's job!

*Peace*
    Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment