Monday, April 19, 2010

Strange day..........

     Yesterday was a VERY strange day.  I had a really really good time on a picnic with someone special, and then had bubble wars with the kitties in the back yard.  Sounds like it should make for a good evening, right?  Not exactly.  It was the high before the fall.
     Last night, a dear friend of mine got into a fight with one of his besties.  These things are NEVER easy, and when there are REAL feelings involved between people that care about each other, whether friendship, love or whatever, it hurts, things get said that shouldn't, on both sides.  I listened to him blow off about it, hopefully gave some good advice, and things seemed much better.
     Out of the blue, a club owner that is on my friends list (notice, I did NOT say he was a friend, although I support the club because I have several friends who work there.) IM'd me, and was extremely friendly, wanting me to come and vote for a "friend" of his in a contest.  A:  That's cheating.  I hate when people "pop in", vote and leave.  It's just wrong.   B:  I was with a female client, shopping for hair for her, and was trying to make a little money.  He knows my financial/work situation in RL, and knows that I need to make every penny that I can inworld, to support my gang.
     This apparently wasn't good enough for him.   He was also IM'ing the friend that I was speaking of earlier, who DJ's at his club, and he, unfortunately, went to that "party contest", so I decided maybe I'd go, but not vote, because of my convictions.  Just as I was about to accept that TP from my friend, the jackass club owner had the NERVE to IM me back, with  "Whatever" and "/me shrugs", then didn't say another word.  
     It seems that some people get a LITTLE pissy when they are use to being in control, and some of us refuse to bow down.  I owe this man nothing.  I have dumped a shitload of  L$ into his club, and promoted it to my Neko friends inworld.  OK, I am well known for my friendships, and for my giving nature.         Apparently, he's NOT heard of my temper, which is damn near as legendary.  I am NOT in the best of places emotionally in RL, due to the job situation, and Mom's rapidly deteriorating health, so perhaps this was NOT the time for him to force a showdown.
     I IM'd him back with ......"Ok, I"m only gonna say this once, and then let the matter drop from this end..... I am not one of your little "vampire clan", nor am I one of your "bitch boys"..... I am a grown male, with many varied interests on SL... one of which is my business, which supports my accounts. I will NOT be "whatevered" by someone that I"m trying to just be a friend to, and whose club I try to support.... let's get that straight right now. Matter closed as far as I'm concerned."
     His response? 
[20:42] Him:: whatever
[20:42] Him: shruggs
[20:43] Him: well i wont inflict you with my presence any further
[20:44] Him: have a good............. whatever it is you have
[20:44] Teleny Macarthur: drop the attitude, bitch
[20:44] Him: fuck you cunt    
 
    Ok, that did it..... I decided that he'd crossed ONE too many lines with me.  I don't like the "C" word, don't use it very often, and certainly not over something this trivial.  My friend that he was also IM'ing left the party place, and tp'd to another club we go to.  THIS jackass showed up, talking trash about me to another friend in IM.  At this point, I started laughing...... I DO so love a good showdown, and needed a "win" emotionally right now.
    I had my friend TP me in.  Jackass came over and just stood in front of the friend, who happens to DJ for him, and is part of the "Vamp Clan".  We discussed this in IM, and he told me he didn't care what the repercussions were for him. A great many people are fed up with jackass' attitude, control issues, and the fact that he tries to sleep with everyone he sees...(Tel included, which MIGHT have something to do with this situation, since I don't do that, well, not very often, and certainly not with him!)   I simply stepped between them.

That's it. No tirades, no public arguments, no hateful angry IM's. Just stood there. He didn't IM the DJ friend, just moved around me, and got closer. This is a no pushing area, but since I have access to a coupla tricks, I DID push him out of the way, and got right in front of my friend again. This went on for almost 20 minutes, the whole time, my friend was in voice...."Dude, he's not talking. Dude, I'm a little nervous.....etc".

Now, to me, SL has been a "Virtual Reality" lately. Yes, the personalities are real, and so are my loves and friendships. But it CAN be switched off. So I stood there. And stood there. Every time that he moved around me, I simply pushed him out of the way and stood there. He logged off, w/o saying another word to either of us.

By this time, I was laughing my ass off. Just the visuals on the monitor were making me giggle hysterically. My friend and I went laughing off to Club Industrial to dance and laugh a while. Turns out, it was a pretty decent evening after all! LOL!

Unfortunately, I fell asleep at the wheel after my buddy logged off, and missed my SL BF when he came back online, (it WAS after 2 AM, for goodness sakes!), but he left me a message that he'd see me today!

So, all's well, that ends well!

*Peace*
     Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment