Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Night from HELL!!!!!!

   OMG....... last night was the night from HELL, but turned into a pretty damned good one, after all!  Experience just ONE evening in the life of Tel's RL alter ego!
   OK, so I'm supposed to go to Louisville, stopping to pick up the RL "insignificant other" as we call ourselves, right?  Then, we are supposed to go to this fancy-schmancy Derby party, and I get to wear the Armani tux for the first time in like five years.  Ok, so far, so good, right?  NOT!!!!!
    I get down there, after the hour drive, no problems.  I get to JV's house, go in to see his Momma, who has some major health issues, and has just recently gotten out of the hospital, having almost died for I think the third time in the last year.  I also get to visit with his li'l bro, who relieves him occasionally as caregiver so he and I can spend some time together.  Love that kid to death!
    The visit goes well, and we head out to the hotel that we usually stay in when I'm down there.  We do that as much for privacy, as to let him just "get away" for the night, from the constant pressures and demands that he has as his Mom's full time primary care giver.  Anyway, we decide, since it's kinda a "special event" evening, to upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi/hot tub in it.  So far, so good, still, right?  Not really.
    We carry the good clothes, and assorted "crap" in, and notice that the hot tub has been "Added" to the original design... it's in the corner of the bedroom area, which is a little strange, but still no problem, as it's just the two of us.  We hang the "good clothes" on the clothing rack, fill the hot tub for a little "pre-party relaxing"  ;-).  I'm in the restroom, when I hear JV turn on the jets in the hot tub, followed by "FUCK!!!!!!!   GET OUT HERE!!!!!"  Now, mind you, all sorts of things go through my mind... he's fallen, he's electrocuted, etc.  This is the man that rarely swears, and certainly not at full volume.
    I come into the main room, and there is water dripping EVERYWHERE, and still spraying out of the hot tub, which he is trying in vain to get to shut off.  Finally, I find the breaker for it, get it off, but by now, our good clothing, our "street clothes", the bed, damn near the whole ROOM is hosed down. One of the jet nozzle covers has come loose, allowing the spinner nozzle to point straight up, and out the side of the tub.  Needless to say, my legendary temper immediately kicked in, I put the wet clothing BACK on, and head to the office.
   The poor night manager looks up as I come in, sees me standing there dripping wet (Towels all got wet, too...grrrr......)....and blanches JUST a little bit.  I calmly approached the desk, and said..."I think we need a different room."  He looks at me, quietly asks what happened, and waits.  I tell him, and he actually accuses US of doing something to "his hot tub". NOT the right time for that shit.  Long story short(er)... by the time I got done with him... we had a free room (upgrade to a suite for the night)... money to have the good clothes dry cleaned...(hope that tux isn't ruined... it's the best clothing I own, and has silk lapels... if that's the case, the hotel WILL pay for it, have that in writing!)... and, best of all, since we now have no dry clothing (and the hotel contracts out for laundry, so no dryers!)... he offers, after I kinda gently suggested it, to send someone to the liquor store to get us some bourbon, as it was apparent we weren't gonna make the party.
    Well, we switch rooms, and I'm still furious, of course.  Fortunately, JV is one of those rare critters that nothing phases.  I go to get ice, bourbon having been delivered, and come back to find him on the cellphone, laughing his ass off.  I'm getting madder and madder, having worked myself into one of my infamous "snits", when he hangs up, tells me that he had to call his brother and tell him what had happened, and begins to tease me!  OMG, I didn't know whether to smash his face, leave his ass there, or what, but after a while, he got me calmed down, and laughing along with him.
     We ended up in the WORKING hot tub in this room for two hours, while he rubbed my shoulders, got drunk, and had a truly wonderful "party for two".  It turned into a pretty damn good evening, after all!!
     Got up this morning, put on the STILL damp clothing from the night before, took him home, had breakfast at his house, (damn, his bro can COOK, too!).... kissed him "G'bye for now", and drove home.... an hour in cold, damp clothing, but chuckling all the way.  I was even in a good enough mood to stop at a garden center on the way home, and buy Mom a beautiful hanging basket for Mother's Day, and a thank you for letting me use the car... (and perhaps an apology for the wet driver's seat?  LOL!).....and am now home, dry, warm, and going back to bed for a bit.
     I tell ya, you HAVE to love a man that can laugh through a night like that.... think I might keep him a while!


*Peace*
     Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment