Monday, April 26, 2010

On love and the aging process......

      I was reading through random blogs (on a different site) this morning, and found an interesting quote.  I found it very thought provoking, and particularly pertinent, as I approach that "fifty" mark.  Unfortunately, it didn't give the author's name, and when I contacted the blogger, they didn't know either, as they had gotten it second hand.  I would like to see more of their writings, so if anyone has a clue who wrote this, please let me know, k?
     "Physical attraction is secondary in a relationship. It's the respect, and deeper emotions that make the love-making so special after age 35 or so. Perhaps that's why so many people that wait until they are in their middle years, have more loving, lasting relationships when they DO happen."
     "The emotional maturity that comes with the aging process allows you to 'look past' the physical flaws that are inevitable when we reach middle age."
     "When you lose that hard body, those firm breasts and bottom.... that's when the REAL fun of love comes about.... because you make love to the TOTAL person, and not just their physical self."
      VERY excellent observations, I think!

*Peace*
    Tel

No comments:

Post a Comment